The COVID-19 global pandemic has without a doubt changed our lives in unimaginable ways, from the approach to our well-being to how we spend our money.
A sector that will be forever changed is real estate. After spending so many months inside we now appreciate much more the four walls we spend most of our time surrounded by.
After conducting thorough online research, our team has come to the following conclusions regarding the Costa del Sol’s property market’s future:
- There has been a recent rise in interest in new-build properties. People are eager to move from the small, dark apartments they used to spend the bare minimum of time in to a modern, light-filled property perfect for working from home. Moreover, they are now impatient and want to move in straight away, hence the reason they seek a new property all ready to go instead of one that needs extensive renovations that could takes months or even years.
- Staying on the new-build property topic, now that more of us will be working from home for the foreseeable future we now need a strong Wi-Fi connection that some older homes cannot provide. Newly built properties usually come with pre-installed Wi-Fi fittings and other Smart home functions that just make our lives easier whilst looking out for the environment (and our wallets) due to eco-friendly technologies.
- Since coming out of the first strict quarantine, many of us have discovered a new love for outdoor sports such as golf, tennis or maybe even paddle boarding, meaning that those who have the means will likely be looking to relocate to an area nearer the beach or golf courses for example. The Costa del Sol is the perfect place to live if you enjoy outdoor sports, offering everything from year-round hiking or horse riding trails to world-class golf courses, and even skiing or snowboarding in the Sierra Nevada mountains during the cooler months.
- Whereas before many workaholics saw their homes as just a place to shower and sleep, those that were faced with working from home when the pandemic started now without a doubt appreciate their surroundings much more. Interest in properties with a larger outdoor space has soared, and more of us are willing to invest in interior design or even just a comfier sofa.
- Properties with a more open-plan design, larger spaces, air flow and better views are also becoming even more popular. New sustainable architecture techniques are pushing for properties to be better positioned to increase natural light, air flow throughout the house and even an indoor-outdoor concept with floor-to-ceiling windows and glass doors that disappear into the walls, creating a flawless design.
- Installation of wellness areas in more high-end properties and apartment complexes has increased. People aren’t so keen to go back to their local gym now they are aware of the potential health risks involved, and would rather invest in equipment to work out from home with or live somewhere with a gym within the complex.
The most important part of a real estate market report is of course the property prices. Rates in the Costa del Sol area have remained pretty much the same throughout the pandemic for one main reason: the South of Spain will ways be able to offer a fantastic, year-round warm climate, breathtaking nature and sandy beaches, no matter what is going on in the world. All of this will forever attract investors and their families, as this is a very enviable lifestyle opportunity that doesn’t require you to be a billionaire to achieve.
The properties themselves are becoming more impressive with every project finished. Some of the best architects in the world have designed homes here and there is an option for everyone, from a beachfront apartment with unbeatable views of the Mediterranean to a luxurious multi-million Euro villa in La Zagaleta.
Marbella especially in the next five to ten years will without a doubt one of the best places to live in the world. The projects under construction here at the time of writing are modern, sustainable and some of the best creations we have ever seen.
From neighbourhoods with artificial lakes for swimming and water sports surrounded by luscious golf courses and hiking trails, to awe-inspiring architecture and mouth-watering restaurants and bars, Marbella will soon be unbeatable in terms of amenities. Skiing and snowboarding is even an option in the colder months, with the Sierra Nevada mountains in Granada less than 2 hours away by car. International travel is made easy with both Málaga and Gibraltar airports at less than an hour, and fabulous marinas and ports in both Marbella and Málaga.
The Costa del Sol is even the perfect option for families, as it offers world-class education centres for all ages, from schools to universities and even football or golf academies that student fly in from all corners of the world to attend.
If you are thinking of investing in the South of Spain and need assistance, contact us today on firstname.lastname@example.org or call +34 952 764 483.